The PCA held its Annual Best Practice Awards Dinner at Rectory Farm, Cambridge on 12th May 2016. The evening was well attended by PCA members from all represented sectors as they gathered to hear who had triumphed in the Best Practice Awards categories as well as the Student of the Year categories.
These annual awards showcase the commitment to high standards, technical competence and customer service that PCA members all work to uphold and deliver through their membership of the Association.
Student of the Year Award Winners were:
- CSRT Student of the Year: Faye Harmey, Richardson & Starling
- CSSW Student of the Year: Aimee-Jayne Goodes, Newton Waterproofing Systems
- CSRT Student of the Year: Clare Smith, Aecom
- Technician Student of the Year (Damp & Timber): Damian Wallis, Safeguard Europe
- Technician Student of the Year (Japanese knotweed): Simon Catchpole, Complete Weed Control Kent
Best Practice Award Winners were:
- Contractor of the Year (Damp & Timber): Richardson & Starling
- Contractor of the Year (Structural Waterproofing): Advanced Preservations
- Contractor of the Year (Japanese knotweed): Maydencroft
- Innovation & Sustainability: MJ Rooney Construction
- Project of the Year: Biocraft
- Training & Staff Development: Brick-Tie Ltd
- Outstanding Customer Service: Olympic Construction
- Employee of the Year: Jamie Lewendon, Biocraft
- Best New Member Application: Abbey Pynford Geo Structures
- Website of the Year (small company 1 -10 employees): Dryfix
- Website of the Year (large company 11+ employees): Timberwise
For the Best Practice Awards categories, the PCA received a record number of entries this year with just shy of 40 entries being submitted. Congratulations to all our winners and runners up.
The evening concluded with a charity raffle which thanks to the generous donations of sponsors helped to raise over £3k for the stillborn charity, SANDS.
A gallery of photographs from the evening featuring our awards winners can be viewed here.