PCA supports the Governments TrustMark Initiative
TrustMark is the scheme supported by the Government, consumer groups and building industry to help members of the public find reputable firms to do repair, maintenance and improvement work inside and outside a home.
In order to support this important government initiative, the PCA become one of the founder scheme operators. Because of the high standards of service and quality that is expected from PCA members we were then able to extend the offer of TrustMark accreditation to all contractor members.
In order for the PCA to be awarded a TrustMark operators licence, we were subjected to an extensive, detailed vetting and certification process. This regulation of PCA’s activities is ongoing and involves annual inspections from the TrustMark quality manager.
- an independent initiative created jointly by Government, industry and consumer groups
- designed to give increased consumer protection to people having work done in and around their homes
- a logo to look out for – a logo you can trust
- a sign that registered firms are reputable tradespeople
- growing – there are thousands of registered firms and the number and range of tradespeople will increase all the time
TrustMark is not an advertising directory or a website that sells leads. It is a registered social enterprise, operated under licence from the from the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). As a not-for-profit organisation it does not make money from consumers.