The Property Care Association’s 2020 Annual General Meeting was due to be held on 21st April, however this had to be postponed due to COVID-19. A new date has now been set for Tuesday 21st July (time TBC) and will be held remotely. This year there are two directors retiring by rotation, in line with our Articles of Association, and one other vacant board position due to the resignation of Annabelle Webster.
The main purpose of our Board of Directors is to:
- take part in the formulation and ongoing review of the strategic aims of the Association
- ensure that as a Board, the Association functions within the legal and financial requirements of a ‘not for profit organisation’
- to provide oversight and guidance to the Executive team
A Voice for every Member
It is key that the Board are made up of a representative cross section of the membership. Ideally all categories of membership and sectors of membership should be represented to ensure there is a voice for every member.
The Board work very closely with your Executive and should contribute, where possible, specific skills, interests and particularly support the Association and the Chief Executive Officer in formulating and contributing to the vision, value and long-standing strategy of the Association.
Diversity on the Board is imperative
It is imperative to have diversity on our Board and with this in mind, we are looking for nominations from members who feel they have a variety of skills, expertise and some time to offer the Association. Generally, Board members serve for a period of 3 years, attending 4 board meetings per year, Annual General Meetings with Strategic Planning meetings held every two years.
It is also important, using the skills of Board members, to hold effective meetings with broad involvement from everyone. Board members are encouraged to make active contributions and be willing to take responsibility as appropriate to their skillset and experience.
Interested? Could you be our next Board member?
We want members to be represented and involved in the decisions the Association makes on your behalf. If becoming a Board member interests you, but you would like a bit more information, please contact Sue Uttridge for an informal chat on 01480 400001. If it interests you, but because you have never done anything like this before, we can provide new Board members with appropriate training.
If you wish to nominate yourself then please complete the Nomination Form, provide us with a biography of no more than 200 words and forward to Sue, together with a photograph of yourself.
Nominations must be received by no later than Sunday 5th July 2020. Nominations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other recent news or related info
- Adapting how we communicate throughout COVID-19
- Tips for Surveying Cavity Walls
- Video Diagnostics During Lockdown
- COVID-19: Uncertain times for now
- Floods: Damaging to life, property – and the environment
- Code of Practice for Property Flood Resilience
- Japanese knotweed management – The challenge
- An Introduction to ‘Paula’s Papers’
- Launch of New Methodology for Traditional Buildings
- Hodgson View: Damp in Traditional Buildings
Remember to keep in the loop…
Find out the latest news instantly by following the PCA via our social media channels: