Call for Papers
Over the past nine years the Property Care Association (PCA) has developed a reputation for delivering what are increasingly seen as among the premier conferences in the UK for all professionals with an interest in property care.
Open to both PCA members and non-members, conferences have attracted audiences comprising a mix of contractors, surveyors, researchers and leading industry figures. Delegates have heard from leading speakers in their field of expertise from the UK, Europe and beyond.
International Structural Waterproofing Conference
13th September 2018
In 2018 the PCA’s “International Structural Waterproofing Conference” will be held on 13th September at The Slate, University of Warwick in Coventry.
As basement popularity continues to rise it has become one of the construction industries hot topics, receiving more media attention than ever before. This increased spotlight means getting it right is increasingly of paramount importance, from design down to application. This conference will gather together the expertise and knowledge required to create meaningful discussion and debate.
The PCA welcomes submissions for original Research/Academic Papers on topics related to basement construction and underground waterproofing.
Topics of interest to the conference include, but are not limited to:
- Considerations for recycling and sustainability
- History, evolution and capabilities of pumping stations in basement construction
- Post construction repair strategies
- Corrosion in concrete
- Waterproofing 3D modelling, BIM modelling, 4D modelling
- Maintenance of Type C systems – what is enough/appropriate/expected
- Skills in the waterproofing industry – where is it going? Where can it go?
Guidance for submissions:
1. Prospective authors are invited to submit an abstract of no more than 300 words, including 3 – 5 keywords.
2. Each submission should be on the basis of a 20 minute presentation.
3. Submissions will be reviewed by up to 4 members of the Conference panel.
4. Submissions should be made by e-mail to: Sue@property-care.org
Key dates in submission process
- Deadline for submission of extracts: 20th July 2018
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts: 27th July 2018
- Full presentation submission deadline: 1st September 2018
We will also welcome submissions for posters.
Please submit an application of no more than 300 words inclusing 3 – 5 keywords.
Same deadlines and dates apply as the Call for Papers.