The 2019 International Invasive Weed Conference will bring a wealth of knowledge together from industry-experts and we are delighted to share the Conference Programme with you! Join us for what is set to be a fantastic event as we discuss ‘Challenges – Solutions – Developments’ facing the invasive weed sector.
‘What good has research ever done for Japanese knotweed?’ is the topic for debate in our ‘Expert Question Time’. The abundance of experience from these leading professionals is sure to spark lively discussion and generate innovative suggestions and ideas for the future.
Find out more by scrolling down the page….
Session 1 – Challenges
09.40: Session Chair: Dr Sarah Webster, Defra
- 09.50: What’s Europe Ever Done for Us? – Professor Max Wade, AECOM
- 10.10: Invasive Weed Management in Ireland: Current Challenges – Professor Joe Caffrey, INVAS Biosecurity
- 10.30: A World Without Glyphosate – How Would We Cope? – Dr Jonathan Newman, Environment Agency
- 10.50: Update on Parliamentary Select Committee, Science & Technology – Robert Stevens, Nationwide
- 11.10: Q&A Session
Session 2 – Solutions
11.45: Session Chair: Dr Karen Bacon, University of Leeds
- 11.55: Biological Control of Himalayan Balsam – Kate Pollard, CABI
- 12.15: TBC – Dr Oliver Pescott, CEH
- 12.35: Work Like a Dog: Sniffing out Japanese knotweed – Helga Heylen, Conservation Dogs, Ireland
- 12.55: Application Methods for Successful Japanese knotweed Control – Dr Dan Jones, Swansea University
- 13.15: Q&A Session
Session 3 – Developments
14.30: Session Chair: Dr Lois Child, Loughborough University
- 14.40: Profiling our Businesess: Is There Growth in Japanese knotweed – TBC
- 15.00: Training: What’s Next? – Dr Peter Fitzsimons, PCA
- 15.20: Legal Update – Donna Dewberry, Charles Lyndon
- 15.40: Q&A Session
Expert Question Time
‘What good has research ever done for Japanese knotweed?’
15.45: Introduction from ‘Expert Question Time’ Chair: Dr Olaf Booy, NNSS
Panellists: Dr Wayne Dawson, University of Durham, Dr Paul Beckett, Phlorum Ltd, Dr Karen Bacon, University of Leeds, Dr Dan Jones, University of Leeds
16.15: ‘A Penny for Your Thoughts’ – Trevor Renals, Environment Agency
There will also be a Pre-Conference Dinner on the evening of 20th November and will cost £32.50 +VAT per head.
2019 Conference Updates – Follow our Social Channels