Figures released by Build UK on Wednesday suggesting that 77% of commercial construction sites are now operational, 81% of infrastructure projects are working and 68% of house building sites are back on stream, I wonder are we seeing, ‘perhaps the end of the beginning?’
Probably the most important documents you will read this year
Detailed guidance is now available from Government setting out how members in England can conduct business safely in what has been described as the “new normal”. These documents are probably amongst the most important documents that you will read this year.
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland remain “locked down” this week but we expect that may change in the coming days. Members operating in the devolved regions of the UK are likely to have similar rules on returning to work safely, as those imposed by the Westminster Government. So taking a little time to look at the UK guidelines now, may have some value.
New rules apply regardless of the work you carry out
Regardless of whether you are involved in commercial contracting or the majority of your work is carried out in peoples homes, new rules now apply. Employers need to undertake detailed risk assessments to protect employees and the people they come into contact with. Control measures need to be imposed, working practices altered and training and supervision set in place.
It is clear that for many companies businesses will not return to pre-crisis levels of activity for a long time. That said, we are hoping that members of the PCA can recover more rapidly than others. Perhaps working to deliver service to clients that will now be placing greater value on quality and an ability to work safety.
Providing clear, up to date information & support for members
Our aim as we move forward is to provide support, information and training to members. The active promotion of the values and virtues of all our members is important to ensure we deliver a tangible operational and commercial advantage.
Read these documents…
- Working safely during COVID-19 in Construction and other Outdoor Work
- Working safely during COVID-19 in offices and contact centres
- Working safely during COVID-19 in other people’s homes
As always, we are here for our members so please get in touch on 01480 400000 or via email on email@example.com for more information.
Other recent news or related info
- Tips for Surveying Cavity Walls
- Video Diagnostics During Lockdown
- PCA Mid Week News – 25th March 2020
- COVID-19: Uncertain times for now
- TrustMark’s Finance Option for Registered Businesses
- Floods: Damaging to life, property – and the environment
- Code of Practice for Property Flood Resilience
- Japanese knotweed management – The challenge
- An Introduction to ‘Paula’s Papers’
- PCA Supports New Amenity Standard
- Launch of New Methodology for Traditional Buildings
- Hodgson View: Damp in Traditional Buildings
- Could you be an expert witness?
- Why attend a regional meeting?
- Free money for training? Yes please
- CITB Skills and Training Fund
- PCA Apprenticeship Scheme
Remember to keep in the loop…
Find out the latest news instantly by following the PCA via our social media channels: