In your weekly PCA update this week:
- Now things have got ridiculous!
- Improving Home Energy Performance through Lenders
- New Online Training – Excellent Feedback so far…
- Flooding seems to be a ‘Hot Topic’
- Next Webinar
- National Apprenticeship Week 2021
- Bounce Back Loan – Repayment Update
- New Members
Now things have got ridiculous!
Following the revised version of Approved Document F which was released for consultation a couple of weeks ago, initial reactions to the document were positive. However, upon reading the document in more detail, an amendment that had been included in one of the earlier sections of the document has left your Technical Manager James Berry dumbfounded!
Lime has many pros and cons, but how could it possibly be promoted as a possible solution for the provision of reasonable indoor air quality….? Members can read the blog by clicking on the button below.
Improving Home Energy Performance through Lenders
“Improving Home Energy Performance through Lenders” from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) is one of many policy proposals your Association is involved in. As your CEO points out, it is becoming clear that these proposals are showing a growing wave of reform, legislation and new regulation that will change the domestic and commercial property and building sectors in very significant ways….
Members can read the full blog via the button below.
New Online Training – Excellent Feedback so far…
As we get ready to enrol our second group of candidates onto our NEW Online Surveyors Timber and Dampness in Buildings course, we are delighted to share some of the feedback with members:
- ‘Excellent – Being relatively new to Surveying, I personally found that I learned a lot and the content was great.’
- Excellent – Questions could be asked in real time and things went at a really good pace.’‘
- ‘Excellent – Really enjoyed the recorded sessions as I could go at my own pace and go back and re-listen to any parts that I didn’t understand properly.’
The first cohort is currently completing the new course and we are pleased to soon be welcoming group two next week for their first live session! For more information about the new online training course, members can click on the button below.
Flooding seems to be a ‘Hot Topic’
As the weather warnings continue, with much of the country suffering from freezing temperatures, snow and ice, it is encouraging to see the importance of flood prevention and resilience continuing to receive increased coverage.
For many of our members who may be used to seeing articles printed in publications such as PBC Today, it is great to see flooding and flood awareness being reported within more main stream publications such as The Sun.
Members can access our updated flooding pages for more help and advice by clicking on the button below. However, for those keen to learn more, make sure you check out the post about our upcoming flood related webinar. Scroll down to find out more…
**2 WEEKS TO GO** until our webinar “In a Changing World, can we adapt to live with Flooding?”. Join us and Alastair Chisholm, CIWEM on Thursday 25th February 2021 from 9-10am as he discusses ‘a future where we face warmer, wetter winters & intense summer storms, how do we better adapt to the prospect of more homes and buildings being flooded…?’
Members can click on the button below to find out more and register.
National Apprenticeship Week 2021
With this week being National Apprenticeship, this is a timely reminder to members that we will be enrolling our next cohort of apprentices onto both our Damp & Timber and Structural Waterproofing programmes. While the induction will be completed remotely with CITB, we are planning to hold the first week of training sessions during March and April, as follows:
Make apprenticeships work for your technicians – get in touch to discuss what’s involved and to find out if you could receive over £5,000 funding! Members can find out more and register by clicking on the button below.
Bounce Back Loan – Repayment Update
The Government announced that small businesses are to get more time to repay Bounce Back Loans taken out, which for some of our members will be welcome news. Under a “pay-as-you-grow” initiative, there will be the following options:
- Extending the length of the loan from six years to ten
- Making interest-only payments for six months – with the option to use this up to three times throughout the loan
- Pausing repayments entirely for up to six months
Members can access more information by clicking on the button below.
We are pleased to welcome the following company into Provisional Status:
- Calder Flood & Damp Proofing
Other recent news or related info
- Green Homes Grant Scheme: The principles and the pitfalls
- Green Homes Grant Scheme: What does this mean for Ventilation?
- VIDEO: Tackling Problem Retrofit Insulation
- Proud to be part of the PCA
- Video Diagnostics During Lockdown
- COVID-19: Uncertain times for now
- Floods: Damaging to life, property – and the environment
- Code of Practice for Property Flood Resilience
- An Introduction to ‘Paula’s Papers’
- Launch of New Methodology for Traditional Buildings
- Hodgson View: Damp in Traditional Buildings
Remember to keep in the loop…
Find out the latest news instantly by following the PCA via our social media channels: