In your weekly PCA update this week:
- Dracula & Japanese knotweed – spot the Difference!
- “Invasive Bamboos”: The Review is in!
- Online Surveyors Damp Course – More Dates Released!!
- Just 1 Week to go until our next Webinar!
- Coronavirus Actions Cards
Dracula & Japanese knotweed – spot the Difference!
Another quirky post from PCA’s Technical Manager Peter Fitzsimons linking Dracula to Japanese knotweed – because when you think you’ve killed it you almost certainly haven’t…at least not in the way you think you have! For those PCA members who are managing Japanese knotweed, Peter discusses why great care must also be taken with reports/management plans…
Click on the button below to read the blog.
“Invasive Bamboos”: The Review is in!
Congratulations to PCA members Brian Taylor, Jim Glaister & Max Wade on the publication of their book, ‘Invasive Bamboos; their impact and management in Great Britain & Ireland’. After a couple of days of in-depth reading, PCA’s Technical Manager Peter Fitzsimons has given his review. So, what did he think…?
Click the button below to read more.
Online Surveyors Damp Course – More Dates Released!!
We are delighted to announce that the third set of dates for our “Online Surveyor Training – Timber & Dampness in Buildings” course have been released. Module dates are as follows:
- Damp: Diagnosis & Control: 3rd–14th May 2021
- Timber: Diagnosis & Eradication: 25th May–7th June 2021
- Legal Aspects, Surveying Methodology and Reporting: 17th June–2nd July 2021
To book yourself onto the training or to find out more, simply call the team on 01480 400000 or click on the button below.
**1 WEEK TO GO** Register now for our next LIVE webinar, “In a Changing World, can we adapt to live with Flooding?“.
Join us and Alastair Chisholm, CIWEM on Thursday 25th February 2021 from 9-10am as he discusses ‘a future where we face warmer, wetter winters & intense summer storms, how do we better adapt to the prospect of more homes and buildings being flooded…?’
Click on the button below to find out more and register.
Coronavirus Actions Cards
To manage an early outbreak of Coronavirus in the workplace, the UK Government’s Covid-19 Action Cards have been produced to help all. They cover a range of businesses and organisations and provide specific advice on the issues each type of organisation may face.
- Commercial Workplace Action Cards (offices)
- Industrial Workplace Action Cards (construction & outdoor work)
They complement existing outbreak control guidance and signpost to other useful information to help members fully understand their responsibilities in the event of an outbreak of Covid-19.
To find out more, you can access more information by clicking on the button below.
Other recent news or related info
- PCA Weekly News – 13th Feb 2021
- Improving Home Energy Performance through Lenders
- Now things have got Rediculous
- Bamboo – Why Should Knotweed get all the Publicity
- Holding Back the Flood
- VIDEO: Tackling Problem Retrofit Insulation
- Proud to be part of the PCA
- Video Diagnostics During Lockdown
Remember to keep in the loop…
Find out the latest news instantly by following the PCA via our social media channels: