Yesterday would have seen our 6th International Invasive Weed Conference taking place, once again at The Slate in Coventry. Unfortunately, it has been quite a year so far and who would have foreseen a crippling pandemic head our way to put everything on hold?
Our conferences have always been part of the PCA’s calendar; a chance for us to network with the best in the industry, embrace knowledge sharing, showcase training and development initiatives, hear from leading experts in their field and, have the opportunity to see friends, colleagues and peers.
They are always well attended and continue to grow in number year on year – in fact, last year saw some of our biggest attendances across all our conferences and we were hoping for even more this year.
Will we see more online conferencing in 2021?
This year we welcomed ideas for additional features to be included, which may have added a new dimension to the structure of the day. We will have to wait until next year now, but with online conferencing taking a strong hold, perhaps this will be the ‘new norm’ moving forward? However, it is our real desire to be able to host our conferences in the usual way, and in readiness, we have dates held for our 2021 Conferences programme, as follows:
- International Structural Waterproofing & Best Practice Awards Dinner – 15th July
- International Building Preservation – 29th September
- International Invasive Weed – 25th November
Your CEO along with other members of the PCA team have attended a number of online conferences and events during these past few months, which most certainly gives us food for thought on how our events could be shaped for 2021 and beyond.
PCA Awards recognises industry best practice
Our Best Practice Awards Dinner is another event held in high regard and of course, we are disappointed to not have been able to host it this year. Thanks to the ongoing generosity of our members, we have, in the past, been able to raise money for charity and sponsorship of the 30 plus awards to continue our pledge of promoting industry best practice and recognise those individuals and companies who have gone ‘above and beyond’ in their achievements…and we look forward to continuing this tradition next year.
Could you be our Contractor or Student of the Year?
We are hopeful our events programme for 2021 will resemble the ‘old norm’ and enable us to welcome our members, colleagues, peers, and friends back to the PCA and in a face-to-face scenario. We will be announcing the PCA awards for ‘Contractor of the Year’ and ‘Student of the Year’ in the next couple of weeks, so watch this space – it could be you!
For now, we’ll leave you with some fun photos from last years event and ‘photo booth’…
Keep in Touch
For more information on proposed dates for conferences and events next year, please keep an eye out in your weekly emails and across our social media channels. Alternatively, give Sue a call on 01480 400001.
Other recent news or related info
- Are we going to experience the mouldiest Christmas on record?
- Perfect Storm for Mould Growth
- The Hodgson View: Save energy but not by papering over the cracks
- What the PCA team has been up too
- Green Homes Grant Scheme – An appeal & some help
- Green Homes Grant Scheme: The principles and the pitfalls
- Green Homes Grant Scheme: What does this mean for Ventilation?
- Japanese knotweed – It’s what you can’t see you should worry about!
- Japanese knotweed management – The challenge
- An Introduction to ‘Paula’s Papers’
- Launch of New Methodology for Traditional Buildings
- Hodgson View: Damp in Traditional Buildings
Remember to keep in the loop…
Find out the latest news instantly by following the PCA via our social media channels: