In your weekly PCA update this week:
- All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) meeting
- 2022 Conferences – Tickets are out now!
- 2022 Best Practice Awards – Enter now!
- Improvements to the Practical Training Centre
- Webinar programme for 2022…
- Missed our last webinar for 2021? View the recording!
- First online Retrofit Insulation Masterclass
- Staying safe when working in wintery conditions
All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) meeting
PCA’s CEO Steve Hodgson attended a meeting earlier this week with the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG), chaired by Lord Best. Whilst the Government’s current focus is energy performance, every avenue of discussion usually ends up considering dampness and mould growth.
Steve provides an overview of the meeting in the attached blog, which you can read via the button below…
2022 Conferences – Tickets are out now!
You can now access tickets for all of our 2022 conferences! We are really looking forward to seeing everyone and provide an opportunity once again, to network with some well respected industry experts. Our conference programme is as follows:
- Structural Waterproofing – 14th July 2022
- Building Preservation – 22nd September 2022
- Invasive Weed – 24th November 2022
It will be three years since we held a conference and we anticipate tickets will go fast. Get in touch with Sue on 01480 400001 or click on the link below for a booking form/more information.
2022 Best Practice Awards **PCA MEMBERS ONLY**
Our 11th Annual Best Practice Awards takes place on 14th July 2022! Recognising and rewarding our members, for your achievements throughout the year is something we all look forward to. As this will be one of the first events held since before the pandemic, we anticipate the event to be very popular – so book your space now and get your entries in! The categories are as follows:
- Project of the Year
- Training and Staff Development
- Website of the Year (Small company & Medium/Large company)
- Outstanding Customer Service Award
- Employee of the Year
As usual, your Association will also be awarding Contractor of the Year, Best New Member Application, Student of the Year and Apprentice of the Year. For more information on each category, you can click on the button below.
Improvements to the Practical Training Centre
Work continues at our practical Training Centre (or ‘The Shed’ as many of us affectionately call it) to help us improve our training facilities for everyone! With the expertise and guidance of Neil Marsden, PCA Board Member and Trainer, the apprentices have removed walls and structures to make use of the space and enable candidates to carry out their practical work in a more suitable way.
The goal is to able to offer 6 individual ‘bays’ whereas previously, there were only 3. This will greatly benefit all attendees undertaking their practical training here and we look forward to sharing more pictures of this new set-up as it progresses over the coming weeks.
Webinar programme for 2022
A BIG THANK YOU to all who have been joining our webinars over 2021. We will be continuing with our programme of webinars in 2022 covering many important topics, including:
- RICS & Japanese knotweed guidance
- Sprayed Foam Insulation in Domestic Roofs
- How to understand the Joint Methodology
At this stage, when each one will take place will be dictated by the order in which these documents, that the PCA has been instrumental in pulling together, are published.
For now, you can view any of the webinars from the past two years via the button below.
Missed our last webinar for 2021? View the Recording!
Huge thanks to all of our members who joined our final webinar for 2021 yesterday, on ‘Buildings & Wildlife – What are your responsibilities?’
This webinar provided something for all sectors and it was great to see plenty of engagement and loads of questions on the chat/via email! But if you missed the webinar, don’t worry, simply click on the button below to watch the replay…
Retrofit Insulation Masterclass
Our one-day classroom-based Retrofit Insulation Masterclass is now available as a two-morning online course, which starts in January 2022! There has never been a more important time to develop your knowledge of the challenges of retrofit, the regulations, the risks, building & moisture assessment, design & application, and much more.
Retrofit Insulation Masterclass
Date: 25th-26th January 2022 (2 morning sessions: 0930-13.00)
Location: PCA Practical Training Centre, Huntingdon
Cost: Members £195 +VAT / Non-members £250 +VAT
>> Need more information on the course – click here
Contact the training team today on 01480 400000, or email email@example.com.
Staying safe when working in wintery conditions
The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) has lots of information and guides to help you keep safe whilst working in wintery weather as ‘slips and trips’ accidents are especially frequent at this time of year. Poor lighting, excess water from rain and even gritting can all cause problems.
To access HSE’s online guides, you can click on the button below.
Other recent news or related info
- PCA Weekly News – 27th November 2021
- PCA Weekly News – 20th November 2021
- PCA Weekly News – 13th November 2021
- PCA Weekly News – 6th November 2021
- Waterproofing treatments & cavity wall insulation
- Ventilation – has the penny dropped yet?
- Spray Foam Insulation may save energy, but at what cost?
- Hodgson View: Joint methodology – Is it gaining traction again?
- The unsung heroes in the waterproofing world
- Why the PCA supports Mental Health Awareness week?
- Holding Back the Flood
Remember to keep in the loop…
Find out the latest news instantly by following the PCA via our social media channels: