Now is the time to look to the future – are you prepared? We are hearing more and more about the increasing skills shortage within the construction industry and whilst this is a current problem within the preservation sector, it will only get worse if we do not address the issue!
We understand that training might not be the first thing you need to pay out for when trying to keep your business running however, but by not investing in your team now you will ultimately cause a skills headache for yourself in the future!
Free Money Available!
That’s right FREE MONEY! Currently CITB’s ‘Skills and Training Fund‘ is available to all small companies paying a levy to CITB.
Any company with 99 PAYE staff and under, has the opportunity of receiving between £5,000 – £10,000 for training ABSOLUTELY FREE! A few PCA members have already gone through this process and now have the funds in their bank – what’s not to like?!
Can you afford to ignore this opportunity?
Now is definitely the time to apply. CITB has ‘pots of cash’ to give away! Essentially, grabbing this opportunity means the development of your company and staff! It allows you to continue upskilling your team, especially during turbulent times such as now. Ask yourself the question, can you afford to ignore this?!
With a growing demand for technically skilled staff, we are committed to producing a clear career path for people within the Preservation and Waterproofing Industry. What is more, this funding can be applied to our two Specialist Apprenticeship Programmes for the preservation and waterproofing sectors:
What do these Apprenticeships offer?
These Apprenticeship programmes offer companies the chance to provide their staff with both the practical and theory-based training over a 12 month period. Upon completion of the final assessment, apprentices will be awarded a Level II NVQ in their discipline. For companies who invest in/employ apprentices:
- 92% believe it has led to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
- 83% rely on apprenticeships to provide the skilled workers they need for the future
- 80% report a significant increase in employee retention
- 57% report apprentices going on to management positions within the company
And it’s not just the apprenticeship programme that qualifies for funding. Many of the PCA training courses are also eligible.
Address the skills shortage with an Apprenticeship
Now is the time to address the skills shortage with a Specialist Apprenticeship! Make sure you don’t miss out on the FREE MONEY to help develop your staff and ultimately, your business!
This opportunity might not be here forever…GRAB IT NOW!
More information and previous Hodgson Views:
- Hodgson View: CITB are still rubbish but could there be light?!
- Hodgson View: Is CITB fit for purpose?
- Technical documents and publications
- Upcoming Conferences
- Hodgson View: Is the CITB delivering a valuable service?
- PCA Exams and Qualifications
- Hodgson View: The future of the preservation industry
- Hodgson View: Science and Technology Committee