In your weekly PCA update this week:
- Hodgson View: The hidden damage of rising costs on property
- TBIC: Key benefits of basements
- January Webinar – Sprayed Foam & Roofs
- More charging points at PCA HQ
- CLC’s Site Operating Procedures v9
- Training – Ground Gas: Design & Detail
- Check your SEISS claim
The hidden damage of rising costs on property
The impact of the domestic energy cap which comes into play in April, will inevitably result in fuel poverty for millions of people. The choice of heating or eating has been widely discussed, but what about the effects of low temperatures in homes and the ability for the building to cope? What will the long term effect and damage be on both our health and housing stock?
It’s an issue PCA’s CEO discusses in his latest Hodgson View, which you can read by clicking on the button below.
TBIC: Key benefits of basements
Earlier this week PCA’s Technical Manager James Berry attended a technical marketing committee meeting of The Basement Information Centre (TBIC). They have recently published, ‘Key benefits of basements’, which highlights the merits of utilising underground space. Free to download, this may provide useful information for potential clients considering building/converting a basement.
TBIC has produced a number of valuable documents on the construction and benefits of basements and we look forward to welcoming them to our Structural Waterproofing Conference later this year. In the meantime, you can access the latest document by clicking on the button below.
January Webinar – Sprayed Foam Insulation!
**2 WEEKS TO GO** until our first live broadcast in 2022! Following the release of the joint statement, join us and PCA’s Steve Hodgson from 9-10am on Thursday 27th January 2022, as he discusses the considerations and implications for property and construction professionals when it comes to sprayed foam insulation in domestic roofs.
To learn much more and develop your knowledge on evaluating or inspecting timber framed pitched roofs, simply click on the button below to register…
More charging points at PCA HQ
We have recently installed an additional two Electric Vehicle (EV) charging points at the offices in Huntingdon. Should PCA members or guests wish to use the EV point, please let a member of staff know on arrival at the office.
Please Note: You will need to bring a suitable charging cable with you as this is not supplied.
CLC’s Site Operating Procedures v9
We can share with you that the Construction Leadership Council (CLC) has updated their Site Operating Procedures. The key changes in Version 9 are as follows:
- Revised introduction to recognise that working with Covid-19 is now ‘business as usual’
- Appropriate language to reflect the current situation on site, i.e., ‘managing’ rather than ‘restricting’ numbers of workers
- Removing out of date references towards when to go to work, shielding etc.
You can access the latest version by clicking on the button below.
Training – Ground Gas: Design & Detail
Ground Gas: Design & Detail
Date: 2nd-3rd February 2022
Location: PCA Head Office, Huntingdon
Cost: £390 +VAT
>> Need more information on the course – click here
Over the course of this two-day training event, all aspects of ground gas contamination are explored and is aimed at Developers, Contractors, Specifiers, Verification Engineers, and those encountering ground gas issues on their projects. Giving a detailed insight into this specialist area, where multiple disciplines are brought together, this training aims to provide safe environments for the end user and compliance with planning condition discharge.
Secure your place today! Contact the training team on 01480 400000 or email email@example.com.
Check your SEISS claim
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is advising those who claimed the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS), to check how much you were paid for these grants and the status of your payment. For those who this may affect, you can find out what to do if you think the grant is too low or if you still need to make a claim.
You can click on the button below for more information, help and advice.
Other recent news or related info
- PCA Weekly News – 8th January 2022
- PCA Weekly News – 18th December 2021
- PCA Weekly News – 11th December 2021
- PCA Weekly News – 4th December 2021
- The Trouble with Retrofit – Damp Specialists in Demand for a Long Time!
- Ventilation – has the penny dropped yet?
- Spray Foam Insulation may save energy, but at what cost?
- Hodgson View: Joint methodology – Is it gaining traction again?
- The unsung heroes in the waterproofing world
- Why the PCA supports Mental Health Awareness week?
- Holding Back the Flood
Remember to keep in the loop…
Find out the latest news instantly by following the PCA via our social media channels: