In your weekly PCA update this week:
- Key considerations for successful basement conversions
- 2021 Conferences and Awards
- Covid-19 Response: Summer 2021 Roadmap
- Waterproofing Apprenticeship: 1 space left on Cohort 4
- Join us NEXT WEEK for our next Webinar
- Understanding Traditional Building Construction
- Welcome to our New Members
Key considerations for successful basement conversions
We know that when it comes to basement conversions our specialist waterproofing members are well aware of the endless options available. This doesn’t mean that from time to time, reminding ourselves of the key factors to take into account isn’t important, as PCA’s Technical Manager James Berry discusses in his latest blog.
This comes off the back of an article he wrote for ‘Architects Datafile’, and we are very pleased to see that our our ongoing PR programme to promote the work of our members across all of our sectors continues to gather momentum.
To read more, simply click on the button below to read the blog.
2021 Conferences and Awards
Members are reminded that your Association’s Conference and awards programme will not be taking place in 2021. These events take a long time to plan with many of the team involved however, with the uncertainty around restrictions being lifted, we took the decision to postpone until 2022.
Taking place at The Slate, University of Warwick, the dates for our 2022 Conferences are as follows:
- Structural Waterproofing Conference 2022 – 14th July
- Best Practice Awards – 14th July (evening)
- Building Preservation Conference 2022 – 22nd September
- Invasive Weed Conference 2022 – 24th November
We will however, be awarding the Contractor and Student of the Year Awards for 2021. Look out for the announcement in due course.
Covid-19 Response: Summer 2021 Roadmap
Many of our readers & members may have seen the Governments ‘Covid-19 Response: Summer 2021 Roadmap’, as the UK moves to step 4 of the restrictions. For those who may not have seen this document, it sets out the essential actions that everyone should take to protect themselves and others as we transition towards learning to live with Covid-19.
This document sets out the arrangements that will be put in place in England, which members can access via the button below.
Waterproofing Apprenticeship: 1 space left on Cohort 4
Throughout the pandemic we have maintained our Apprenticeship Programme and been able to continue to offer our specialist programme of learning. As restrictions begin to lift further, it really is encouraging to see that our next Apprenticeship cohort is almost full – with only 1 space remaining!
We have received fantastic feedback from the apprentices who are flourishing in this programme, and from employers who rely on this training offering to develop their workforce for the future. We look forward to welcoming cohort 4 to the PCA in the coming weeks…
If you are interested in finding out how you can get your technicians enrolled, contact Jade today on 01480 400000 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us NEXT WEEK for our next Webinar
With our next live webinar only 1 week away, how up-to-speed are you with building regulations when it comes to structural waterproofing and basement conversions? Are YOU are on the ‘right side’ of both the law and ‘best practice’?
Since the tragic events of Grenfell, building regulations have received a lot of media attention, scrutiny and a rush of changes. But how do these regulations affect basement conversions, when do they ACTUALLY become applicable and what do you REALLY need to know?
To find out the answers and more, why not join us for our live webinar on Thursday (22nd July) from 9-10am. To register, simply click on the button below.
Understanding Traditional Building Construction
Understanding Traditional Building Construction
Date: 15th September 2021
Location: PCA Practical Training Centre, Huntingdon
Cost: Members £195 +VAT / Non-members £250 +VAT
>> Need more information on the course – click here
Our traditional building construction principles course is ideal as foundation level training, as a refresher, or to fill any gaps in existing knowledge to help surveyors and technicians when working with buildings, to assess and recommend appropriate actions for property care.
Contact the training team today on 01480 400000, or email email@example.com.
Welcome to our New Members
We are pleased to welcome the following into membership of the PCA:
- Japanese Knotweed Elimination Ltd
- Phoenix Geotechnical Ltd (Mr Jonathan Lyttle)
Other recent news or related info
- PCA Weekly News – 10th July 2021
- Waterproofing treatments & cavity wall insulation
- Ventilation – has the penny dropped yet?
- Spray Foam Insulation may save energy, but at what cost?
- PCA Weekly News – 26th June 2021
- PCA Weekly News – 19th June 2021
- Hodgson View: Joint methodology – Is it gaining traction again?
- The unsung heroes in the waterproofing world
- Why the PCA supports Mental Health Awareness week?
- Holding Back the Flood
- VIDEO: Tackling Problem Retrofit Insulation
Remember to keep in the loop…
Find out the latest news instantly by following the PCA via our social media channels: