In your weekly PCA update this week:
- Climate Change Risk Assessment – Does it change the way we think about Property?
- Apprenticeship: 10th cohort starts in March!
- Upcoming 2022 webinar programme
- January Webinar – Sprayed Foam and Roofs
- Initiative for Tool Theft
- Online Training – Structural Waterproofing
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) scheme reintroduced
Climate Change Risk Assessment – Does it change the way we think about Property?
With climate change impacting our homes and buildings and a noticeable increase in flooding, what are the implications suggested from the latest Climate Change risk assessment and what impact may it have for PCA members and the wider property/construction industry?
It’s an issue PCA’s Technical Manager James discusses in his latest blog. To find out what he has to say, click on the button below…
Apprenticeship: 10th cohort starts in March!
We are looking forward to welcoming our 10TH COHORT OF APPRENTICES onto our specialist apprenticeship programme in the next few weeks! For those looking to get their technicians NVQ qualified with a Level 2 Diploma in ‘Insulation and Building Treatments (Wood Preserving and Damp-proofing)’, the next cohort commences 21st – 24th March 2022.
We have received fantastic feedback from the apprentices who are flourishing in this programme, and from employers who rely on this training offering to develop their workforce for the future. To find out more about what an apprenticeship can offer you and your team, get in touch with Jade on email@example.com.
Upcoming 2022 webinar programme
We can share our webinar programme for the first few months of this year. Whilst not all set in stone from March onwards (many dependent upon future announcements), there are now 3 upcoming webinars for members to sign up to:
- January: Understanding Sprayed Foam Insulation in Domestic Roofs
- February: New RICS Japanese Knotweed Guidance – How does it change te way we assess risk?
- March: Wet happens – Dealing with it in Modern Timber Buildings
- April: Joint Methodology – Moisture & its effects on Traditional Buildings
We will update you with more information as it is released and confirmed. For now, keep an eye out in our weekly email, across our social media channels and on our website.
January Webinar – Sprayed Foam and Roofs
**2 WEEKS TO GO** until our first live broadcast in 2022! Join us and PCA’s Steve Hodgson from 9-10am on Thursday 27th January 2022, as he discusses the considerations and implications for property and construction professionals when it comes to sprayed foam insulation in domestic roofs.
To learn much more and develop your knowledge on evaluating or inspecting timber framed pitched roofs, simply click on the button below to register…
Initiative for Tool Theft
We know that some of you may have been victims of tool theft over the years. For our members (and for any tradesmen), it is a horrible experience to have the tools of your trade taken from you and the inevitable impact it has on your business. This is exactly the focus of a recent video campaign from Rodger Bisby of the SkillBuilder channel.
He is urging the Government to step up following the ‘Beating Crime Plan’, published in July 2021. The Government is aware of the significant impact the theft of tools can have on victims, particularly those who rely on their tools to earn a living.
Marking up tools and registering them on a property database are the key takeaways. To find out more and watch the short video, you can click on the button below.
Online Training – Structural Waterproofing
Your Association’s online training offering continues to develop and grow and we’re getting closer to the launch date for our Condensation course to be added to the portfolio too! For now, there are a number of spaces available on our Online Surveyor Training in Structural Waterproofing which commences in February.
This course offers an alternative platform of learning and progression through the specialist sector and is great foundation study for those going on to sit the Certificated Surveyor in Structural Waterproofing (CSSW) exams.
To find out more, get in touch with the training team on 01480 400000, or via the button below.
Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) scheme reintroduced
The Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) scheme has been reintroduced and members can now check claims paid to employees due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
You can only claim for employees who were off work on or after 21 December 2021 and the new date for PAYE scheme eligibility is 30 November 2021. You can find out how to claim back employees’ coronavirus-related Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), by clicking on the button below.
Other recent news or related info
- PCA Weekly News – 15th January 2021
- PCA Weekly News – 8th January 2022
- PCA Weekly News – 18th December 2021
- PCA Weekly News – 11th December 2021
- The Trouble with Retrofit – Damp Specialists in Demand for a Long Time!
- Ventilation – has the penny dropped yet?
- Spray Foam Insulation may save energy, but at what cost?
- Hodgson View: Joint methodology – Is it gaining traction again?
- The unsung heroes in the waterproofing world
- Why the PCA supports Mental Health Awareness week?
- Holding Back the Flood
Remember to keep in the loop…
Find out the latest news instantly by following the PCA via our social media channels: