PCA Qualified Technician (PCAQT) – Damp & Timber
“The two days far out-weighed my expectations, I have nothing but positive things to say about the PCA and its people.” (course delegate)
Who is this training course for?
Delegates should have some technical or practical experience of working in a related environment. It is also suitable for those who have just begun their careers in the building preservation industry and have already received basic training from their employer. For example, this course would suit plasterers or labourers working for a preservation company.
How is the training course structured?
The course is delivered over 2 days and is designed to enhance the knowledge and understanding of experienced technicians as well as to provide a good foundation for those who have recently commenced a career in the building preservation industry.
All delegates sit a 60 minute multiple choice examination on the second day of the training course.
- Getting on with the job – A client’s expectation
- Health & Safety – Assessments, PPE, labels, warning cards
- Penetrating Damp and Rising Damp – Theory and practical issues
- DPC installation
- Replastering – Materials and common mistakes
- Condensation – A brief explanation
- Timbers – Hardwood, softwood, heartwood and sapwood
- Wood boring insects & their control – including Common Furniture Beetle, Death Watch Beetle, Wood Boring Weevil
- Fungal Decay, Timber Treatments – Dry rot and wet rot
- Basic timber repair discussion – brick pier, bolt on joist ends
- Technician’s responsibility, additional works
- Multiple choice exam
Candidates who pass the multiple choice exam at the end of the course are entitled to refer to themselves as a ‘PCA Qualified Technician (PCAQT)’.
Click here to download the Technician Course Syllabus.
Technician Training – Damp and Timber Dates
|Month||Day 1||Day 2|
|March 2018||Tues 13th||Weds 14th|
|May 2018||Tues 22nd||Weds 23rd|
|September 2018||Tues 11th||Weds 12th|
Please note that there are a limited number of places on each training course and places can only be reserved with full payment. Please check back here for additional dates as they are announced.
Click below to download a Booking Form or contact Jo or Jade on tel. 0844 375 4301.