Property Care Association Property Care Association

Structural waterproofing Banner - Property Care Association

Waterproofing Design Specialist Register

Find Specialist Waterproofing Design Experts

The PCA's Waterproofing Design Register provides a central point where individuals with the relevant waterproofing design skills can identify themselves.

Developers, architects, builders and other professionals can search this register to quickly locate properly vetted and approved waterproofing design specialists who can assist in the design and planning of below ground or structural waterproofing. In the past the only way to recognise an individual who has successfully achieved the Certificated Surveyor in Structural Waterproofing (CSSW) qualification was to ask individual companies if they employ an individual with the qualification. The ability to easily identify and engage a waterproofing design specialist will allow the design team to conform to the recommendation set out so clearly in BS8102:2009.


Why you need a 'specialist waterproofing expert'!

British Standard BS8102:2022 - 'Code of Practice for protection of below ground structures against water ingress'- recommends that a specialist in waterproofing is included in the design team for any structure where usable space is fully or partly below the ground level. This is specifically set out in Section 4.2 of BS8102:2009 under the heading 'Design Team'. The code states that: "A waterproofing specialist should be included as part of the design team so that an integrated waterproofing solution is created." The waterproofing specialist should:

a) be suitably experienced b) be capable of devising solutions that accommodate the various project constraints and needs c) provide the design team with information and guidance that assists with and influences the design, installation and future maintenance of the waterproofed structure.

In the past an architect has often taken responsibility for waterproofing when designing below ground projects. Many would however acknowledge that they lack the training or expertise necessary to consider themselves waterproofing specialists. This is where the PCA Waterproofing Design Specialist (WDS) Register provides a solution. 


Search for a local waterproofing design specialist

To find a local waterproofing design specialist near you, simply run a search using the 'search tool' within the banner above.


The Property Care Association
11 Ramsay Court
Kingfisher Way
Business Park
PE29 6FY

Content Copyright © 2024 Property Care Association - All rights reserved. The Property Care Association is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England: No. 5596488

“PCA®” and the PCA logo are registered trademarks of the Property Care Association. Legal Information and Disclaimer.