PCA Technician Training – Damp & Timber
Our damp and timber technician training course will provide delegates with the required skills to understand and resolve damp problems, and how to preserve and repair timber.
Open to both PCA members and non-members alike, successful candidates will receive ‘PCA Qualified Technician’ status, meaning that prospective employers and customers will be able to see that your competency and skill set has been accessed & qualified by the PCA, the trade body for the damp and timber industry.
Contact Us About the Course >>
Reserve Your Place on the Course >>
Who is this training ideal for?
The two day course will be of benefit to all technicians and tradesmen who have recently started working in the damp proofing and timber preservation industry looking to gain strong foundation knowledge as well as for experienced technicians looking to update their knowledge.
How our damp & timber training is structured
Delivered over two days, the damp and timber technician course is a theory-based learning experience covering the topics below:
– Getting on with the job: A client’s expectation
– Health & Safety – Assessments, PPE, labels, warning cards
– Penetrating Damp and Rising Damp – Theory and practical issues
– DPC installation
– Replastering – Materials and common mistakes
– Condensation – A brief explanation
– Timbers: Hardwood, softwood, heartwood, sapwood
– How to identify Wood boring insects – including Common Furniture Beetle, Death Watch Beetle, Wood Boring Weevil
– Woodworm treatment
– Fungal Decay, Timber Treatments – How to diagnose and repair dry rot and wet rot
– Basic timber repair discussion – brick pier, bolt-on joist ends
– Technician’s responsibility, additional works
– At the end of day two candidates will sit a multiple choice examination
Find Out More – Contact Us >>
Become PCA qualified
As evidence of your learning and understanding, candidates will have the opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge of the training covered by completing a 60 minute exam at the end of the second day of the course.
Candidates who pass the exam at the end of the course are entitled to refer to themselves as a ‘PCA Qualified Technician (PCAQT)’.
Benefits of the damp and timber technician training
- Designed so that technicians can feel assured and confident applying the learning and skills they have developed when out in the field.
- Very latest in damp and timber technician best practice and knowledge of all relevant regulations and legal requirements to ensure you are at the forefront of the industry.
- Achieving PCA Qualified Technician status demonstrates to employers and clients that your skills have been qualified and accredited by the leading voice of authority in the industry.
Summary: Dates and fees
|Qualification:||Succesful candidates will become PCA qualified technicians (PCAQT)|
January 2021 – Tues 12th to Wed 13th**CANCELLED**|
March 2021 – Tues 23rd to Wed 24th**FULL**
June 2021 – Tues 15th to Wed 16th**FULL**
September 2021 – Tues 7th to Wed 8th
October 2021 – Tues 12th to Wed 13th
|Fees:||Members: £270+ VAT, non-members: £335+ VAT|
Book your Place on the Course >>
What candidates have said about our training
Contact us – damp & timber technician training
If you have any questions or advice regarding the course then you can discuss it with us by calling 0844 375 4301 or completing our online enquiry form below.
Alternatively, if you want to book your place on our Technician damp and timber training now, click to download and complete our training booking form.
Contact Us >>
As the Trade Association for the structural waterproofing industry, the PCA offer a variety of courses to help you with your professional development. Take a look at some of the options below.
PCA Technician Training
Waterproofing technician Training