A Diagnostic Approach to Condensation and Mould
Make data your friend! Develop the skills, knowledge and experience required to understand more deeply a clients condensation and mould problems and how you can better remedy the issue with our condensation, atmospheric moisture and mould training course.
Open to both PCA members and non-members alike, This one day course provides delegates with the ability to analyse raw information collected by atmospheric data loggers, and present this in a way that can illustrate clearly to the homeowner or property professional what is happening in the occupied house. It will also assist in devising rectification strategies and help allow practitioners to take the guesswork out of atmospheric moisture monitoring.
Contact Us About the Course >>
Reserve Your Place on the Course >>
Structure of the diagnostic training course
The training day will be a mix of classroom lecture and practical, hands-on sessions.
The morning will focus on: data collection, understanding the relationships between moisture production, vapour pressure, air movement and relative humidity.
The afternoon will focus on: how to use and place data loggers and temperature recording devices and to utilise spreadsheets and laptop computers to interpret and manipulate raw figures collected from site.
Topics covered will include:
- Understanding relative humidity, vapour pressure and environmental moisture
- Water vapour in buildings and its origin
- Mould growth, biology of mould and toxic moulds
- Measuring environmental moisture
- Assessment of collected data
- Case studies
- Practical assessment of environmental moisture
- Use of hygrometers, surface temperature thermometers and data loggers
- Analysis of data loggers and production of data in graphical form
Upon completion of the condensation, atmospheric moisture and mould course, candidates will receive a certificate of knowledge and attendance.
Benefits of our diagnostic course
- The knowledge gained from the course will put you at the forefront of the industry at a time when condensation problems are becoming an increasingly common problem.
- The drive to make homes more energy efficient will also result in your skill-set being more in-demand than ever before.
- You can choose how your training is delivered, whether that is at our dedicated training facility, or if it is more convenient for you and your team then we can come to you and provide in-house training.
Complete moisture management training
Our condensation training can be taken on its own or in conjunction with our other moisture management suite of courses. Other courses you may be interested in attending are:
Retrofit Insulation Masterclass
– This one day masterclass will allow you to understand the retrofit process so that you can identify what work retrofitters have undertaken alongside the potential unintended consequences and how they should be remedied
Read more >>
Evaluating ventilation in existing buildings
– Aimed at those who wish to become involved in the surveying of dampness related problems. The course provides delegates with the knowledge and skills necessary to identify and understand ventilation systems 1-4
Read more >>
Residential ventilation masterclass
– A detailed look at retrofit ventilation systems and the associated industry regulations. suitable for anyone involved in the design and installation of retrofitting fans and mechanical ventilation solutions
Read more >>
Summary: Dates and fees
||April 2020 – Thurs 16th
November 2020 – Weds 11th
||Members: £185+ VAT, non-members: £240+ VAT
Book Your Training >>
What candidates have said about our training
Contact us about our condensation, atmospheric moisture and mould training
For more information about the course simply give us a call on 0844 375 4301 or complete our online enquiry form below. Alternatively you can reserve your place on your preferred dates straight away by by completing the booking form.
Contact Us >>
As the Trade Association for the preservation industry, the PCA offer a variety of courses to help you with your professional development. Take a look at some of the options below.
PCA Training and Qualifications
Damp and Timber Surveyor Training