Bringing leaders and innovators within the industry together, we are delighted to share our Conference Programme for 2019 with you! The wealth of knowledge these industry experts will bring to the event is sure to ‘fire up’ discussion and leave you bursting with inspiration.
The 2019 International Building Preservation Conference has a jam-packed programme, so scroll down to find out more….and for those that have not booked yet, what you will be sure to miss out on!
Session 1 – The Importance of Damp & Timber Defects in Property Sales
09.40: Session Chair: Steve Hodgson, PCA
- 09.50: Home Surveys in a Changing Marketplace – Paul Cutbill, Countrywide Surveying Services
- 10.10: A Brave New World – Dr Duncan Philips, Listed Building Surveys
- 10.30: Reports – How to Get them Right, Legally – Robert Stevenson, BLM Law
- 10.50: Q&A Session
Session 2 – Damp in All It’s Forms
11.30: Session Chair: Dr Paula Lopez-Arce, PCA
- 11.40: ‘To Vent or Not to Vent’ – Subfloor Voids – Graham Coleman
- 12.00: The Evolution of Damp Control – James Berry, PCA
- 12.20: Monitoring Moisture and the Use of Moisture Meters – Soki Rhee-Duverne, Historic England
- Q&A Session
Session 3 – Emerging Challenges
14.00: Session Chair: Dr Tim Forman, University of Cambridge
- 14.10: Homes & Landlords Act: What are the Implications for Landlords? What do Landlords Require to Fend off Unscrupulous Tenants? – Lady Renee-Marie Young, National Landlords Association
- 14.30: Driving Retrofit Quality – The Domestic Retrofit Standard PAS 2035 – Dr Peter Rickaby, UKCMB
- 14.50: Moisture Issues in Timber Frame/CLT/SIP – Robin Lancashire, BMTrada
- Q&A Session
“And Now for Something Completely Different”
- 15.20: Beetles Up Close – Nicholas Donnithorne, Rentokil
- 15.40: Q&A Session
Expert Question Time
“Embracing the Future”
- 15.50: Introduction from ‘Expert Question Time’ Chair – Steve Hodgson, PCA
- 15.55: Expert Question Time – Panellists: Dr Peter Rickaby, UK Centre for Moisture in Buildings, University College London; Paul Cutbill, Countrywide Surveying Services; Graham Duncan, Richardson & Starling and John Bradley, Elta Fans.
There will also be a Pre-Conference Dinner on the evening of 20th November and will cost £32.50 +VAT per head.
2019 Conference Updates – Follow our Social Channels