Call for Papers
Over the past nine years the Property Care Association (PCA) has developed a reputation for delivering what are increasingly seen as among the premier conferences in the UK for all professionals with an interest in property care.
Open to both PCA members and non-members, conferences have attracted audiences comprising a mix of contractors, surveyors, researchers and leading industry figures. Delegates have heard from leading speakers in their field of expertise from the UK, Europe and beyond.
International Residential Ventilation & Preservation of Buildings Conference
14th – 15th June 2018
In 2018 the PCA’s headline conference, “International Residential Ventilation & Preservation of Buildings” will be held over two days, 14th – 15th June, in the inspiring setting of The Slate, the purpose built conference facility at the University of Warwick in Coventry.
Changes in climate, the nature of occupation, methods for identifying and rectifying defects and the expected performance of existing buildings mean that it is increasingly important to ensure property care professionals consider and understand the knowledge based challenges and also the opportunities that these changes are already creating. This conference will gather together the expertise and knowledge required to create meaningful discussion and debate around key topics.
We will welcome submissions for original Research/Academic Papers on topics related to moisture in buildings and its outcomes.
Topics of interest to the conference include, but are not limited to:
- Moisture in buildings
- Building preservation
- Management of atmospheric moisture in buildings
- Ventilation & air quality in buildings
- Fungal decay
- Emerging challenges in timber protection
- Salt management in masonry
- Insect attack on buildings
- Protecting timber in new construction
Guidance for submissions:
1. Prospective authors are invited to submit an abstract of no more than 300 words, including 3 – 5 keywords.
2. Each submission should be on the basis of a 20 minute presentation.
3. Submissions will be reviewed by up to 4 members of the Conference panel.
4. Submissions should be made by e-mail to: Sue@property-care.org
Key dates in submission process
- Deadline for submission of extracts: 5th January 2018
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts: 19th January 2018
- Full presentation submission deadline: 11th May 2018
We will also welcome submissions for posters.
Please submit an application of no more than 300 words inclusing 3 – 5 keywords.
Same deadlines and dates apply as the Call for Papers.