Damp Control Document Library
A list of PCA Damp Control Technical Guidance documents and Codes of Practice can be seen below. We would encourage all professional users who deal with, or have an interest in, the subjects covered refer to these documents. These documents are aimed at offering guidance, not only to property professionals, contractors and surveyors, but also to insurers and their agents and members of the public.
All documents are Copyright © Property Care Association. All rights reserved.
We would respectfully ask that these documents are used with the understanding that they are not for sale or distribution by third parties and should not be copied or redistributed without the express permission of the Chief Executive Officer of the Property Care Association.
Technical Documents and Guidance Notes
- Fungal Decay in Buildings (updated May 2016)
- Damp-proofing Barriers – Tanking in Association with Chemical Damp-proofing courses
- Hygroscopic Salts and Rising Dampness
- Plastering in Association with Damp-proof coursing
- Recognition and Causes of Condensation
- The use of moisture meters to Establish the Presence of Rising Damp
- Chemical Damp-proof Course in Walls – Detection techniques and their limitations
- Chemical Damp-Proof Course Insertion-the attendant problems
- Guidance Note Party Wall Act 1996
Codes of Practice
- Code of Practice for the Investigation and Control of Dampness in Buildings [March 2017]
- Code of Practice for the Investigation and Control of Wood Destroying Insects and Fungi in Buildings
- Code of Practice for the Investigation and Provision of Ventilation in Existing Dwellings [March 2017]
- Guidance Document: Surveying of Ventilation Systems in Existing Residential Dwellings [April 2018]
- RICS, Historic England and PCA Joint Methodology [November 2019]