Residential Ventilation Masterclass
This Masterclass in residential ventilation provides surveyors and property professionals with the skills and confidence to make informed evaluations of ventilation in homes.
The one day course is open to both PCA members and non-members alike and provides a detailed analysis into retrofit ventilation systems and associated industry regulations.
Who is this residential ventilation training course for?
With ever-increasing pressures upon homeowners to conserve fuel, insulate and draft proof their homes, the frequency and severity of mould growth and condensation related damp is increasing. Where it is discovered that a lack of air exchange and ventilation is a contributory factor to a damp problem, it is imperative that the correct solutions are specified.
This unique course developed by the Association is suitable for anyone involved in the design and installation of retrofitting fans and mechanical ventilation solutions in existing homes.
How our residential ventilation training course is structured
This is a one-day workshop combining classroom based instruction and practical hands-on exercises. Topics covered include:
- Regulatory requirements and guidance documents overview & how to apply for the retrofit of ventilation systems in existing homes
- Designing and specifying ventilation systems that meet the requirements of Part F of the building regulations
- Effectiveness of ventilation systems & how they may interact with open flue combustion appliances
- How to assess performance of commonly used ventilation equipment through data collection
- Post commissioning certification including a practical session on testing equipment
At the end of the masterclass delegates will receive a certificate of knowledge and attendance.
**Please note that there are a limited number of places on each training course and places can only be reserved with full payment. Please check back here for additional dates as and when they are announced.
What candidates have said about our training
Related Courses: Complete moisture management training
The masterclass can be taken on its own or in conjunction with our moisture management series of courses, in order to develop a holistic understanding and skill-set to respond to any problems posed by managing atmospheric moisture in the built environment.
Other courses in the suite include: