Safe Use of Biocides for Professional Users
Over the past few years the use of biocides has seen restrictions that have affected the availability of timber protection chemicals.
People’s perceptions of these chemicals being harmful if incorrectly applied has fuelled these changes. To secure the future use of biocides for professional users the PCA has developed a course aimed for technicians on the safe use of biocides in buildings. Read recent press release here.
This one day course will look at a selection of elements and will involve a short multiple-choice exam at the end of the day.
The course will cover :
- Wood preservatives and Biocides—what, why, when and where?
- Causes of wood decay and basic identification skills (insects, fungi)
- Environmental control as part of remedial treatment
- Practical application skills
- Legislative framework – key information
We have generated a Professional Users of Biocides Register for the Protection of Timber in Buildings, all candidates that pass the multiple-choice exam will be recorded on this register. This register will provide a reference point for both suppliers and consumers who want to verify the professionalism of applicators, while also acting as a means by which professional users can differentiate themselves from companies that have committed to the letter of the product approval requirements.
What are the benefits :
- Recognition for the knowledge of your technicians
- Accreditation issued for safe use of biocides
- Included on an independent Professional Users of Biocides Register
- A PCA ‘Professional Biocide User’ identification card (renewable every 5 years)
- Confidence for suppliers and clients with employee knowledge
Please click here for more information on the Professional Users of Biocides Register.
Safe Use of Biocides for Professional Users – Dates
|October 2018||Weds 17th|
|December 2018||Thurs 13th|
|March 2019||Thurs 14th|
|July 2019||Tues 16th|
|September 2019||Thurs 5th|
|November 2019||Tues 19th|
Please note that there are a limited number of places on each training course and places can only be reserved with full payment. Please check back here for additional dates as they are announced. Click below to download a Booking Form or contact Jo or Jade on tel. 0844 375 4301.