In your weekly PCA update this week:
- Our Opinion on the Future Buildings Consultation
- PCA Supports The Amenity Standard
- Invasive Plant ID Course – We need your help!
- 2 weeks until our next Webinar!
- Don’t miss the ‘early bird’ discount offer!
- HSE Latest Guidance
Our Opinion on the Future Buildings Consultation
PCA’s Technical Manager James Berry shares with members some of the key areas that will be included within the PCA’s response to the Future Buildings Standard consultation – the proposal on the revision to Approved Document F (ADF).
We are also collating responses from our members to feed back directly to MHCLG and welcome responses which members can send through to James Berry on email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 22nd March.
James’ blog and access to the consultation can be viewed by clicking on the button below…
PCA Supports The Amenity Standard
We are pleased to share with our Invasive Weed Group members a dedicated webpage which demonstrates to homeowners that they are part of this recognised and approved standard. To help those members promote that they are part of the Amenity Standard, they can also access:
- Amenity Standard Certificate – to show they are approved under the Amenity Standard
- The Amenity Standard Logo – to use in their own marketing and promotions (jpg and eps format)
The webpage can be accessed via the button below.
Invasive Plant ID Course – We need your help!
We are calling on our members to help expand our current collection of invasive plants and ensure our “Invasive Plant ID” course continues to be full of live samples, as follows:
- American Skunk Cabbage
- Giant rhubarb
- Hottentot Fig
- Yellow Azalea
- Giant Hogweed
- Few Flowered Leek
- Three Cornered Garlic
If PCA members have images of, or better still, samples of the above plants, please get in touch with Jade on firstname.lastname@example.org or via the button below…
2 weeks until our next Webinar!
**2 WEEKS TO GO!** until our next webinar on ‘How to Assess if an Existing Home has “Adequate Ventilation’.
How do we know if we are ‘actually’ assessing it correctly and are we fulfilling our obligations under the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act?!? With more of us at home, how do we establish if the problem is a lack of property ventilation itself, or the people living within the property?!?.
Join us and John Bradley, Homevent on Thursday 25th March 2021 from 9-10am. Members can simply click on the button below to find out more and register.
Don’t miss the ‘early bird’ discount offer!
The ‘early bird’ discount rate for the International Conference on Moisture in Buildings (ICMB21), expires on 15th March. The PCA will be a part of this event in June to present the NEW Building Moisture Index technology and our protocol for recording this data that our members, have invested in!
To grab this ‘early bird’ discounted rate, you can click on the button below.
HSE Latest Guidance
HSE continues to publish the latest coronavirus-related guidance and information and which we will continue to share with our members. This includes:
- Ventilation and air conditioning – Adequate ventilation & air conditioning can help reduce risk of spreading coronavirus
- Protecting home workers – Advice on lone working without supervision, display screen equipment and stress
- Hand sanitiser and surface disinfectants – Guidance for employers who are providing hand sanitiser for their workers and others to use in their workplaces
More information is available via the button below.
Other recent news or related info
- PCA Weekly News – 27th Feb 2021
- PCA Weekly News – 20th Feb 2021
- PCA Weekly News – 13th Feb 2021
- Improving Home Energy Performance through Lenders
- Now things have got Rediculous
- Bamboo – Why Should Knotweed get all the Publicity
- Holding Back the Flood
- VIDEO: Tackling Problem Retrofit Insulation
- Proud to be part of the PCA
- Video Diagnostics During Lockdown
Remember to keep in the loop…
Find out the latest news instantly by following the PCA via our social media channels: