Property Care Association Property Care Association

19 Dec 2014 < Back

PCA Participation in Task Group to Create a New Waterproofing Chapter for the NHBC Standards.

Following the publication of NHBC’s Edition 10 report on the high claims of Waterproofing Failures during the past 6 years, NHBC proposed to address the problem by the creation of a standalone chapter in their standards specifically on Waterproofing. PCA’s Steve Hodgson and Mike Bromley were invited to join the Task Group to help develop this new chapter.

The areas of design and installation competence have been recognised as critical to the new NHBC Waterproofing Standard. NHBC are aware that PCA has a number of performance criteria that are unique to the Waterproofing Industry including PCA Training, CSSW Qualification and Waterproofing Design Register.

Members wishing to be listed on the PCA website as a Waterproofing Design Specialist have to provide the following evidences:

1) Industrial or academic qualifications.
2) Current CV that lists all relevant training and experience.
3) Two diagnostic reports and/or specifications covering Types A, B & C systems – created by the applicant and submitted for assessment.
4) Evidence of current Professional Indemnity insurance.
5) Proof of attainment for any other (relevant) academic or industry qualification.
6) Evidence of site experience (min 3 years)
7) Provide an annual record of 25 points (hours) Continuing Professional Development (CPD).

With the publication of the register of Waterproofing Design Specialists, developers, architects and builders can quickly locate individual competent practitioners who can assist in the design and planning of underground waterproofing. The availability of the register ensures that a properly vetted and approved Waterproofing Design Specialist, is available and accessible to the leader of any design team – to conform to the recommendation set out so clearly in BS8102: 2009.

The list of Waterproofing Design Specialists currently stands at over 40 covering the UK. The list can be accessed via the PCA website – at the PCA Home page open the Home Owners Guidance (left-hand panel) and scroll down to Waterproofing Design Specialists. Or Click here



There are no comments. Why not be the first?

Interested in getting the latest news

Sign up

PCA Member - Do YOU have a story?

Get in contact

Content Copyright © 2023 Property Care Association - All rights reserved. The Property Care Association is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England: No. 5596488

“PCA®” and the PCA logo are registered trademarks of the Property Care Association. Legal Information and Disclaimer.