In your weekly PCA update this week:
- Green Homes Grant: What does this mean for Ventilation?
- 2021 Training Dates Now LIVE!
- Diagnostic Tool Software – Coming Soon!
- James Berry’s Review of the Cavity Course
- New Guidance Notes from Wood Protection Association
- Just 2 Weeks until our NEXT CPD Webinar
- Damp & Timber Technician Job Vacancy
- Stallard Kane’s Next Webinar
Green Homes Grant: What does this mean for Ventilation?
The Government’s latest initiative for home insulation not only grabbed the headlines, but certainly caught our attention too. But what exactly does the Green Homes Grant Scheme actually mean for ventilation and possibly our PCA members? It’s a question that your Technical Manager James Berry addresses in his latest blog….
2021 Training Dates Now LIVE!
The 2021 Training Dates for January-June are now up LIVE on the website. As previously communicated to members, we are a ‘little bit early’ with the 2021 calendar dates than normal due to many of our surveyor and technician courses now fully booked up for 2020; our training team has worked extremely hard to get these dates secured and shared with you.
If you are interested in upskilling your team, then don’t delay – get in touch with us soon for available dates and bookings! Simply contact Amber or Jade on 01480 400 000.
Diagnostic Tool Software – Coming Soon!
We shared with members last week the publication of our research in the international journal ‘Building Simulation’, but what does it really mean? What are the advantages behind this? And how is this mixture of academic and industrial research becoming tangible, practical and real?
We will shortly be able to share with members the analytical software (created in collaboration with UCL) thatwill be available EXCLUSIVELY for those interested in obtaining reliable data evaluation though our diagnostic reporting tool – watch this space!
It’s important we emphasise how much this puts you, our members into the spotlight. To be recognised for this research within the academic arena, and internationally too, is both encouraging and exciting. We are very pleased to show the involvement and support that PCA members are continuing to demonstrate throughout this project.
James Berry’s Review of the Cavity Course
Your Association held its first ever Defects in Cavity Construction training course last week, but what was it like and was it any good? Our very own technical manager James Berry attended and shares his thoughts in his online review.
To find out what James thought of it, click on the button below…
New Guidance Notes from Wood Protection Association
The following new Guidance Notes are now available on the Wood Protection Association’s (WPA) website for PCA members to access and download. These helpful guidance notes for Preservative Treatments for Wood are as follows:
- WPA TW 8: Understanding Use Class 4
- WPA TW 9: Understanding Use Class 3
- WPA TW 10: Understanding Use Class 2
Members can access these and more via the WPA website by clicking on the button below.
Just 2 Weeks until our NEXT CPD Webinar
Less than 2 weeks to go until our next webinar on ‘Watertight Concrete’. Join us and Ben Hickman on Thursday 27th August 2020 from 9-10am as we discuss how you can protect your reputation and waterproof design. Are basement waterproofing designers correctly specifying Type B watertight concrete?
We welcome Ben Hickman back for this next webinar focusing on issues such as what class of watertightness do we need for basement concrete while learning more about crack widths, waterproofing additives and repair. Members can register by clicking on the button below.
Stallard Kane’s Next Webinar
Stallard Kane (SK)’s latest webinar may be of interest to members. ‘Covid-19: back in business – now what?’ looks at some of the issues you may not have considered/unaware of. For example:
- Is your training up to date?
- Do you have cover for First Aiders if someone’s still on furlough leave?
- Do you know who should be wearing what PPE?
- Is all of your PAT Testing up to date? (many of the Government’s extended guidelines for testing and training have now expired)
- What do you do if someone refuses to return to work?
Members can register for the webinar by clicking on the button below.
Other recent news or related info
- PCA Weekly News 25th July 2020
- Raising Standards in Waterproofing
- When the world went mad one Wednesday afternoon
- Who Knew Webinars had Wings
- Tips for Surveying Cavity Walls
- Video Diagnostics During Lockdown
- COVID-19: Uncertain times for now
- Floods: Damaging to life, property – and the environment
- Code of Practice for Property Flood Resilience
- An Introduction to ‘Paula’s Papers’
- Launch of New Methodology for Traditional Buildings
- Hodgson View: Damp in Traditional Buildings
Remember to keep in the loop…
Find out the latest news instantly by following the PCA via our social media channels: