Invasive Weed Control Document Library
A list of PCA Invasive Weed Control Technical Guidance documents and Codes of Practice can be seen below. We would encourage all professional users who deal with, or have an interest in, the subjects covered refer to these documents. These documents are aimed at offering guidance, not only to property professionals, contractors and surveyors, but also to insurers and their agents and members of the public.
All documents are Copyright © Property Care Association. All rights reserved.
We would respectfully ask that these documents are used with the understanding that they are not for sale or distribution by third parties and should not be copied or redistributed without the express permission of the Chief Executive Officer of the Property Care Association.
Technical Documents and Guidance Notes
- Giant Hogweed
- Himalayan Balsam
- Legislation and Policy for Invasive Non-native Plant Species including Japanese knotweed
- Dealing with Trees
- Reusing Waste Soils on a Commercial Site
- Waste Classification for Works in a Commercial Setting
- Safe and Effective Excavation and Burial
- CPA Using Pesticides in the Community
- Forestry Commission Planning & Managing Pesticide Stores
- New Restrictions on the Use of Herbicides on Hard Surfaces May 2012
- Response to the consultation on the Species Control Provision and Draft Code of Practice
- IWCG Guidance notes on Advice for Developers
- Guidance Note: Root Barrier and Japanese Knotweed
- Guide References on Japanese Knotweed Management
- Summary of Legislation impacting Japanese Knotweed
- Revegetation Guide *Coming soon*
Codes of Practice
- Available to order: Manual: Practical Management of Invasive Non-Native Weeds in Britain and Ireland