Invasive Weed Control Document Library
A list of PCA Invasive Weed Control Technical Guidance documents and Codes of Practice can be seen below. We would encourage all professional users who deal with, or have an interest in, the subjects covered refer to these documents. These documents are aimed at offering guidance, not only to property professionals, contractors and surveyors, but also to insurers and their agents and members of the public.
All documents owned by the PCA are Copyright © Property Care Association. All rights reserved.
We would respectfully ask that these documents are used with the understanding that they are not for sale or distribution by third parties and should not be copied or redistributed without the express permission of the Chief Executive Officer of the Property Care Association.
Technical Documents and Guidance Notes
- Management of Giant Hogweed
- Management of Himalayan Balsam
- Dealing with Trees
- Reusing Waste Soils on a Commercial Site
- Waste Classification for Works in a Commercial Setting
- Safe and Effective Excavation and Burial
- NEW – Verification Reports for Excavation and Soil Removal
- Restrictions on the Use of Herbicides on Hard Surfaces
- Response to the consultation on the Species Control Provision and Draft Code of Practice
- IWCG Guidance notes on Advice for Developers
- Root Barrier and Japanese Knotweed Remediation
- Guide References on Japanese Knotweed Management
- Summary of Legislation impacting Japanese Knotweed
- NEW – Herbicide Treatments and Japanese knotweed – PCA Guidance Note
- List of Invasive Non-Native Plant Species
- Revegetation Guide *Coming soon*
Codes of Practice
- Available to order: Manual: Practical Management of Invasive Non-Native Weeds in Britain and Ireland